16 SEP 2011 - Facts on Campo's world record 260mph pass!
Robert Campisi became the first 'Doored' Car in the world to run 260 mph over the quarter mile last weekend at the Fuchs Australian Nationals here are some facts on that amazing run.
Facts on Campisi’s Mustang
- Fastest door car on the planet, period. (Melanie Troxel's NHRA Promod went 259mph last week)
- Quickest and fastest Powerglide car on the planet
- First and only Powerglide car in the 5's
- First Aussie door car to run 254mph, 255mph and 260mph
- First and only Aussie turbo car to run a 5
- Fastest Ford on the planet
- Faster than the ANDRA Top Alcohol Dragster speed record (W.Newby)
- Only 0.40mph off the Top Alcohol Funny Car record (G.Phillips)
- Quickest and fastest back-half (660'-1320') of any Aussie door car ever (1.919sec / 62.83mph)
- AUSTRALIAN BUILT CHASSIS by Craig Burns @ SCF Race Cars
- AUSTRALIAN BUILT ENGINE by Con/Vic/Bill @ CV Performance
- Engine is a water-jacketed big block Ford with conventional, older-style cylinder heads, off-the-shelf Garrett GTX turbochargers and 16 x Moran 550lb fuel injectors