Sep 22 - 2012
ON TODAY - SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 22
NO BRAKES LIVE ON STAGE 6:00pm till 10:00pm
Just $20 entry - Kids under 12 FREE
Yes that's right the REAL Judgement Day is on at Sydney Dragway on Saturday the 22nd September... Pre 1978 Aussie and American muscle cars go head to head on the Drag Strip!
Action gets under way at 10:00am til we take a short lunch break around midday while we sort out the competitors in readiness for the battle on the track ... and then there will be plenty of time for some good old fashion grudge racing until we finish on the track at around 6:00pm.
There will be a Show'n'Shine section. If you have a cool ride and just want to show it off for the day you just pay the normal spectator admission at the gate. Then drive right in to the special Show'n'Shine section in the Pit Area.
Presentations will be held between 6:30pm and 7:00pm after which the popular Rockabilly Band "NO BRAKES" kicks off till approx 10:00pm... plenty of time to get up and dance your socks off!!!
There will be plenty of Traders on site so you can pick up some really cool memorabilia while the kids have fun in the Jumpy Castle...
And if that is not enough to get you licking your chops there will be a bunch of Funny Cars in the house headed by local hero Chris Stipanovich (pictured below) in the awesome Syndicate II Nitro burning beast up against Rod Bailey's Chemical Warfare from Queensland.
The Cowin Family Racing Nostalgia Funny Cars Nitro Express and Fast Company will also be going head to head ... but wait there is more sydney's best Top Alcohol funny Cars will be on hand as well!!!
So, don't forget to mark September 22 on your calendar and stick it on the fridge. It will be one Rock n Rollin' Tyre Smokin' Drag Racing day of action with something for everyone!
SPECTATOR GATES OPEN 9:00am
Under 12 FREE
Your Driver and 5 Crew/Specator Tickets will be at the Competitor Gate under the Drivers Name on the Day of the Event.
- Vehicles running 11.00-seconds and slower may race in bracket A, vehicles running 10.99-seconds and faster may race in bracket B (note: Bracket B must have Roll Cage fitted).
- All drivers running 11.99-seconds or quicker must hold an ANDRA Super Street Licence as a minimum.
- Non-ANDRA Licensed participants: You must hold or have previously held a full civil drivers license. (Note: Registration Officials will need to sight proof of your previously held full civil drivers license).
- Minimum clothing: Long-sleeved upper garment. Long pants. Fully-enclosed shoes and socks.
- Your vehicle: Ensure all fluids can be contained within the vehicle.
- Tail shaft loops for cars running QUICKER than 12.99-seconds (1/4 mile).
- Minimum 3-point lap sash safety belt required.
All drivers require a helmet that meets one of the following ANDRA-approved Standards:
Snell SA2005; Snell SA2010; SFI 31.2A; Snell M2005; Snell M2010; SFI 41.2A; BS 6658-1985;AS/NZS 1698 or AS/NZS1698:2006
- Open to PRE 1978 cars of Australian or American origin
ENTRIES LIMITED TO 100 CARS MAX. SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE AS MANY RUNS AS THEY LIKE!
ENTRY FEE : $200
PLEASE NOTE: ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE DRIVER PLUS 5 CREW/SPECTATOR TICKETS